January 22, 2108
Florida Farm Bureau is encouraging its members to join the AFBF #FloatUs social media campaign in support of rewriting the 2015 Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule.
This campaign gives Florida Farm Bureau members a way to share key messages and help lead the conversation on social media.
Florida farmer and ranchers want a new definition of the 2015 Waters of the United States rule that will protect water quality and provide regulatory certainty in a thoughtful, transparent and collaborative way.
What Can our Members Do?
Share your message on social media!
1. Get a rubber duck. (provide to our members or link to order)
2. Share photos and videos on your social media platforms of your duck on non-navigable areas of your land.
3. Use the hashtags #FloatUs and #CleanWaterClearRules with each post.
4. Tag @FlaFarmBureau on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with your photos and videos.
5. Tell Washington #WOTUS shouldn’t regulate lands that are sometimes wet. American farmers and ranchers deserve a common-sense rule. #FloatUs #CleanWaterClearRules
6. #WOTUS isn’t what it’s quacked up to be. Farmers and ranchers need a clear and reasonable definition of “Waters of the U.S.” #FloatUs #CleanWaterClearRules
7. Regulating farmlands that are sometimes wet is fowl play. It’s time to rescind the 2015 #WOTUS rule. #FloatUs #CleanWaterClearRules
8. Even ducks know ditches and low lands aren’t #WOTUS. #CleanWaterClearRules
9. The 2015 #WOTUS rule didn’t fly with the federal courts. It’s time for a common-sense rule within the limits set by Congress. #FloatUs #CleanWaterClearRules
Pass your message and rubber duck to your neighbor when you’re done to keep our message viral.
Florida Farm Bureau looks forward to working with AFBF, the U.S. EPA and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in the future to write a new rule that protects our nation’s waters without penalizing farmers and ranchers.
#FloatUs #CleanWaterClearRules #Grassroots #Agvocate