#1004 Digital Media Coordinator
SUMMARY: Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to write clear prose, excellent computer skills, a mastery of desktop publishing software and a sound understanding of contemporary news media. The employee must also be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create messaging and engaging content for various online platforms to promote the organization’s mission through outreach, promotion and education.
• Develops video and graphic content as needed for digital campaigns
• Maintains and updates the company website
• Tracks and measures online campaigns and website traffic through Google Analytics
• Assists with social media posts
• Maintains online digital photo library of Farm Bureau events and organization of digital
• Coordinates internal and external project design calendar for county Farm Bureaus and state staff
• Assists in the development of digital toolkits for county Farm Bureaus
• Represents the division at county and state level events and recognitions
• Drafts press releases as needed
• Staff photographer/videographer
• Assists in event planning as needed
• Provides research assistance on assigned topics
• Assists in writing articles and content as needed
• Assists in proofreading items for the division
• Performs other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year college degree (major study in journalism, public relations or related discipline preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, while meeting deadlines
• Ability to use WordPress
• Must know AP style
• Must have demonstrated excellent writing, editing and project experience
• Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
• Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite programs for general layout and design
• Ability to write clear and concise content
• Superior interpersonal relationship and communication skills
• A working knowledge of emerging media
• A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
Must be able to travel within the state or elsewhere.
Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in writing letters, news articles and press releases must be demonstrated with completed work. Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation.
Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.
No Phones Calls Please