- Outstanding and effective writing and editing skills
- Proactively pitches positive stories and engages with media
- Seasoned social media strategist with proven experience in developing content across digital platforms
- Reviews media requests and responds in a timely manner
- Ambition to introduce new storytelling approaches and lead the way in delivering a branded and unified message in support of farmers and rancher members.
- Knowledge of news media monitoring systems, such as Cision preferred.
- Ability to create and manage a budget
- Oversees and trains department staff as needed on projects and day-to-day communication needs
- Oversees project content calendar and collaborates with departments on production of materials
• Four-year college degree (major study in journalism, public relations or related discipline preferred)
• Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience with desktop publishing programs preferred)
• A basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs
• Skill in placing and editing text, photographs and other data using WordPress
• Advanced ability to use Social Media platforms
• Superior interpersonal relationship skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of emerging media
• A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
Must be able to travel within the state or elsewhere.
Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in writing letters, news articles and press releases must be demonstrated with completed work. Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation.
Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
No Phones Calls Please.