Florida Farm Bureau members advocated successfully during its annual Field to the Hill trip to meet with Florida’s congressional delegation April 12-14. All the appropriations requests have been included in their respective bills.
A special thank you to the following:
- Congressman Carlos Curbelo for Oriental Fruit Fly language directing FSA to make funds available to affected growers
- Congressman Ted Yoho for UF/IFAS Animal Diagnostic Lab funding priority language
- Congressman Tom Rooney for citrus greening funding levels
- Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz for UF/IFAS Fort Pierce/ARS language to prioritize funding
- Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart and Congresswoman Wasserman-Schultz for Customs & Border Protection port inspection language to fund unfilled positions
- Defunding rider for Waters of the United States
- Priority language for Food Safety Modernization Act roll
View photos from the trip here.