Dec. 15, 2016
The Fund supports charities that focus on children, nutrition and women’s health issues. The following charitable organization will receive monetary contributions:
- Florida Ag in the Classroom: $2,000
- Streetlight at Shands: $1,500
- Ag Angels: $2,000
- Ella’s’ Closet: $1,500
- Ronald McDonald House of Northwest Florida: $2,000
- St. Cloud Community Pantry: $5,000
- Gigi’s Playhouse: $2,000
- Florida FFA Foundation: $12,000 (over a 3-year period)
Each year county Farm Bureaus are encouraged to contribute 10-cents per member for the Women’s fund. The fund exemplifies the compassion of the agricultural community.
Farm Bureau volunteers across the state donate an average of 50,000 hours to local charities annually.
Since its inception in 1974, the Women’s Fund has given away more than $200,000 to local charities.
To find out how to become part of the Farm Bureau Women’s volunteer network, contact your local county Farm Bureau.