August 2, 2017
This program is the first national business competition focused exclusively on rural entrepreneurs working on food and agricultural businesses. The Challenge offers a total of $145,000 in start-up funds.
The following Florida entrepreneurs have submitted applications under the program:
- Jenny Cowart (Bunnell, FL) with Andalusia Cattle Co. and Wagon Tails Ranch Rides
- John Lommerse (Sanford, FL) with Dutch Mill Nursery
- Donna Smith (Lakeland, FL) with The Smith Family Ranch LLC
- Dan Biggins (Tallahassee, FL) with Brewification.com
- Nichole Kirchhoff (Jupiter, FL) with Live Advantage Bait LLC
- Charles Alvarez (Raiford, FL) with Alvarez Farms
- Doug Smith (Sebring, FL) with Smith Agricultural Enterprises LLC
- Gayle Smith (Palmetto, FL) with Smith Family Poultry Farm, Inc.
- Patricia Sokol (Morriston, FL) with Sokol Vineyards LLC
- Jorge Lango (Tavernier, FL) with Integral Aquaculture Services
- Greg Frost (Tallahassee, FL) with Gulf Coast Tung Oil LLC
- Pat Grosz (Tampa, FL) with Positively Berries LLC
- Amanda Keeney (Myakka City, FL) with ANA Ranch
- Christian Ramthun (Tampa, FL) with Christian J. Ramthun, Inc.
- Jennifer Denney (Dade City, FL) with Denney Farms
- Tabitha Holt (Fort Myers, FL) with Grocery Hound
- Tina Phillips (Ocala, FL) with Phillips Bee Farm
- Anette Skoog (Citrus Springs, FL) with Skoog’s Sheep and Cattle Co.
- Justin Gregg (Live Oak, FL) with Southern Farms LLC
- Clayton Tew (Quincy, FL) with Two Frog Farm
- Donna Easters (Wimauma, FL) with Wimauma Roots, Inc.
A national panel of judges will announce the top 10 businesses in October. For more information, visit.